Position: Full-time Contractor
Salary: £60,000-£80,000 + 10% Bonus (Annual)
Location: Anywhere Remote (or London office)
Start Date: June 2023 onwards.
About the role
As part of the marketing technology consulting team, you will:
- Develop best practise technical strategies and innovative solutions.
- Work with our data engineering team to leverage data at scale.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritise solutions for technical issues that could affect organic search performance or security.
- Manage timelines, expectations, and deliverables.
Within Merj, you’ll be leading clients and take ownership of strategy, with your work having a positive impact on our core business; helping to drive growth both for clients and Merj.
As teamwork is such a large part of our company, you’ll be sharing and receiving knowledge and experiences in the form of training, research, and development.
Skills & Experience
You should be able to demonstrate or have experience in the following:
- Over five years working with technical SEO.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers (i.e. £10M+ annual revenue, FTSE, NASDAQ, 500+ employees).
- Experience working with developers and other digital marketers where you have led increases in important metrics (such as revenue, users, visibility etc).
- Strong knowledge of all elements of search optimisation: technical, content and off-page.
- Ability to balance technical SEO recommendations with product, UX and UI.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS.
- Experience migrating content management systems, ecommerce systems and domains.
- Ability to perform keyword research at scale (1M+ search queries)
- Familiarity with SEO tools such as Deep Crawl, Botify, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, seoClarity, AHREFS, and SEMrush.
- Experience with at least two different enterprise content management or ecommerce systems (off-the-shelf or bespoke). You should also understand the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- 3+ years prior experience at a digital agency supporting with new business development (RFPs, pitches and presentations).
Personal Skills & Interests
- A high standard of written and spoken Business English is important (fluent or native).
- A want to optimise workflows to reduce repetitive tasks while being resourceful and adaptable is important. Sometimes, you might have to make use of limited resources.
- You should be comfortable in challenging yourself, asking for feedback, and acting on it.
- The ability to hold yourself accountable for delivery on client commitments is important.
- Be ready to empathise with your team and earn your clients' trust.
- You should enjoy working with large amounts of data and be able to draw and implement conclusions from your analysis.
Want to apply? Use the form
Please use the following form to submit your details:
Want to apply?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Could this job be suitable for someone else? Help them find a new great place to work.